The rules to the musical survey? Put your music player on shuffle. Answer each question using the first few lines of the song lyrics only. Put the song you got the lyrics from in parantheses so we know!
1. When you met the person you now love, what happened?:
“I’m limited/Just look at me/I’m limited/And just look at you, you can do all I couldn’t do”
(For Good — Wicked)
2. What did you say when you first woke up?:
“Every night in my dreams/I see you, I feel you/That is how I know you go on”
(My Heart Will Go On — Celine Dion)
3. What are your religious beliefs?:
“Boy, you’re gonna carry that weight/Carry that weight a long time”
(Carry That Weight — The Beatles)
4. Did you realize anything today?:
“Come ride with me/Through the veins of history/I’ll show you how God/Falls asleep on the job”
(Knights of Cydonia — Muse)
5. What do you need right now?:
“I am not afraid/To show you who I am/And I am not ashamed/Of my life”
(Blind As A Bat — Meat Loaf)
6. What’s your favorite food?:
“Let me sail, let me sail/Let the Orinoco flow/Let me reach, let me beach/On the shores of Tripoli”
(Orinoco Flow — Enya)
7. How are you feeling today?:
“Summertime and the livin’ is easy/Fish are jumpin’ and the cotton is high”
(Summertime — Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong)
8. What do you want to do today?:
“While I down Kentucky bourbon/I am waiting for a call/And the moon and stars tonight/Are playing shadows on the wall”
(Hung Up On You — Fountains Of Wayne)
9. What do you think people will say at your funeral?:
“You’ve heard of several kinds of cat/And my opinion now is that/You should need no interpreter/To understand our character”
(Ad-Dressing Of Cats — Cats)
10. What is your biggest fear?:
“When I am down, and oh, my soul’s so weary/When troubles come and my heart burdened be”
(You Raise Me Up — Josh Groban)
12. What are you thinking of right now?:
“Why is the world in love again?/Why are we marching hand-in-hand?/Why are the ocean levels rising up?”
(Theme From Flood — They Might Be Giants)
13. What’s your favorite color?:
“Roll up/Roll up for the Mystery Tour/Roll up/Roll up for the Mystery Tour”
(The Magical Mystery Tour — The Beatles)
14. Are you up-to-date with things?:
“So you think your schooling’s phony/I guess it’s hard not to agree/You say it all depends on the money/And who is in your family tree”
(Bloody Well Right — Supertramp)
15. Describe your looks to us:
“No, no, no, he does not want to depress you/Oh, no no no no no, he only wants to impress you/Bengali in platforms/He only wants to embrace your culture/And to be your friend forever”
(Bengali In Platforms — Morrissey)
16. If I left, what would you do?:
“Oh dirty Maggie Mae/They have taken her away”
(Maggie Mae — The Beatles)
17. What’s the best advice anyone has ever given you?
“If it’s a true a rich man leads a sad life/That’s what they say from day to day/Then what do all the poor do with their lives/On Judgment Day with nothing to say”
(I’m Not Down — The Clash)
18. When someone yells at you, what do you say?:
“There’s a road, calling you to stray/Step by step, pulling you away/Under moon and star/Take the road, no matter how far”
(The Road Goes On — LotR OLC)
19. What question do you want to ask someone?
“Here comes the Sun King”
(Sun King — The Beatles)
20. Last but not least, what do you think of people?:
“No good deed goes unpunished/No act of charity goes unresented/No good deed goes unpunished/That’s my new creed”
(No Good Deed — Wicked)
*Put your MP3-player/playlist on shuffle, and write down the first line of the first twenty songs. Post the poem that results. The first line of the twenty-first is the title.*
I Can’t Stand To See It No More
Touch my skin and tell me what you’re thinking
If I was a simple man
If I needed someone to love
Lives in the hourglass
I look at you all, see the love there that’s sleeping
Here I stand
If I were you
Lovely Rita, meter maid
Well it’s a marvelous night for a moondance
Have you seen the well-to-do
In about an hour
Every drop of rain that falls
Now that I’ve lost everything to you
Trudging slowly over wet sand
I am he is you are he
Now you say you love me
Ain’t no mountain high
Walk into the room
Have you ever been hated or discriminated against?
If God could talk
Things About You That I Love:
1. – your hair
2. – your eyes
3. – your fencing ability (hell, just the fact that you fence!)
4. – your smile
5. – your voice
6. – the way you sing along to the radio
7. – the way you hug me
8. – how amazingly nerdy you are
9. – your penchant for odd/brightly coloured socks
10. – your willingness to protect me
11. – your kisses
12. – the way you look at me sometimes
13. – the feeling of your hand on my neck
14. – how totally unique you are
15. – the feeling I get when I think of you; “warm and fuzzy”, basically
16. – the fact that you believe me, and you understand me
17. – your taste in music
18. – how I can be completely miserable and sad and then you show me some random image of of 4chan and instantly make me laugh
19. – THE FACT THAT YOU KNOW PRUFROCK
20. – and that you enjoy other poetry as well
21. – how tall you are (seriously, it’s a huge turn on)
22. – the way you can be confident and assertive when I’m being ridiculous, but somehow manage to not be a dick
23. – how you seem to honestly care about me
24. – the fact that I still don’t know your full name, because you have like FIVE of them
25. – the fact that you inspire me to write long rambling lists of things I love about you
26. – the fact that this list may never really end because I’m constantly finding more about you that I love
27. – the fact that I cannot figure you out for the life of me
28. – your taste in literature
29. – the fact that you GET my obscure references
30. – the way we can quote movies at each other
31. – your utter brilliance, intellectually speaking
32. – the fact that you genuinely seem to enjoy talking to me
33. – AND, that when I told you to ignore me, your response was a succinct “no”
34. – the fact that no matter how miserable I am, or how lonely, talking to you — thinking about you, even — can make me smile
EDIT: 35. – the fact that when I told you about this list, you weren’t creeped out. ^.^
To Whom It May Concern:
My name is _____ _______. While perusing your website, I noticed that your slogan — “Close to home. Far from ordinary.” — seemed a bit lacklustre. It did not stand out to me. After some thought, I found a way that I might aid you in this.
You see, I have an idea for a new slogan. I urge you to consider it, as your current one did not attract attention of a potential tourist (namely, myself).
My idea is, “Missouri loves company.”
Should you decide to use it, then it is yours, free of any fee or charge or royalties. All I ask is maybe a mention on the site? But no monetary compensation would be necessary.
If nothing else, I do hope I’ve entertained you. Have a nice day!
1. Put your iPod on shuffle.
2. For each question, press the next button to get your answer.
3. YOU MUST WRITE THAT SONG NAME DOWN NO MATTER HOW SILLY IT SOUNDS
4. Tag 10 friends who might enjoy doing this as well as the person you got this from.
IF SOMEONE SAYS “IS THIS OKAY” YOU SAY?
The Ordinary Boys — Morrissey
WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Like A Rolling Stone — Bob Dylan
WHAT DO YOU LIKE IN A GUY/GIRL?
Alsatian Cousin — Morrissey
[A note upon his desk: “P.S. Bring me home and have me”… So came his reply, “But on the desk is where I want you.”]
WHAT IS YOUR LIFE’S PURPOSE?
Bat Out Of Hell — Meat Loaf
WHAT IS YOUR MOTTO?
Time After Time — Cyndi Lauper
[if you’re lost you can look and you will find me.]
WHAT DO YOUR FRIENDS THINK OF YOU?
The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores — Morrissey
[OH WELL THANKS]
WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT VERY OFTEN?
Out of Time — Left From Right
[no time to do anything]
WHAT IS 2+2?
Blackbird — Across The Universe
[makes as much sense as anything else…]
WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR BEST FRIEND?
Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise) — The Beatles
WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE PERSON YOU LIKE?
I Have Forgiven Jesus — Morrissey
[Jesus, do you hate me?]
WHAT IS YOUR LIFE STORY?
Today 4 U — Rent
[aw hellz yeah.]
WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP?
Get Back — The Beatles
WHAT DO YOU THINK WHEN YOU SEE THE PERSON YOU LIKE?
Naked — Euphoria’s Depression
[Wow, when I finally listen to this song, yes, this is exactly it.]
WHAT DO YOUR PARENTS THINK OF YOU?
Final Scene — Sweeney Todd
WHAT WILL YOU DANCE TO AT YOUR WEDDING?
Grizabella — Cats
[Cannot, honestly, see that happening.]
WHAT WILL THEY PLAY AT YOUR FUNERAL?
Returnable Memories — Paku Romi
[While it is awesome, no.]
WHAT IS YOUR HOBBY/INTEREST?
Baby — Tenacious D
WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST SECRET?
Lazing On A Sunday Afternoon — Queen
[That is so not a secret.]
WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR FRIENDS?
Thick As A Brick — Jethro Tull
[NO NO NO NO WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG]
WHAT’S THE WORST THING THAT COULD HAPPEN?
Nightmare — Eve 6
HOW WILL YOU DIE?
Octopus’s Garden — The Beatles.
WHAT MAKES YOU LAUGH?
Strange Animal — Gowan
[HE IS SO HILARIOUSLY EIGHTIES]
WHAT MAKES YOU CRY?
Two Of Us — The Beatles
[It is the happiest song.]
WILL YOU EVER GET MARRIED?
Maggie May — Rod Stewart
[That, I think, is a no. I’ll just fuck a high school boy.]
WHAT SCARES YOU THE MOST?
Eva — Nightwish
DOES ANYONE LIKE YOU?
The Long Road Back — Hans Zimmer
IF YOU COULD GO BACK IN TIME, WHAT WOULD YOU CHANGE?
Mr Brightside — The Killers
[it was only a kiss.]
WHAT HURTS RIGHT NOW?
In The Land Of The Pig, The Butcher Is King — Meat Loaf
I am the lowest common denominator, which sounds like a superhero name if you try. I am the dark and most perverted midnight in a crowded nightclub where all the men who should know better leer at girls too young to care and both are left feeling slightly and inexplicably betrayed. I am the sleepless night and the wasted day, and I will come for you when you are too afraid to watch out in front of you. I am the hastily written note of farewell while a taxi waits outside to take us somewhere free. I am the grown-up rebel, with a mortgage and three kids in school and a leather jacket gathering moths in the skeleton-crowded closet. I am the faked smile in the family photo, the same dull anecdote, the drink and the smoke every night that’s gonna kill you one of these days. Then again, won’t everything? Only if you let it, I suppose. I am the laughter at a stranger’s misfortune, the endless ridicule, the backstabbing.
Pleased to meet you — won’t you guess my name?
1. Put Your iTunes, Windows Media Player, MP3 Player, or whatever on Shuffle.
2. For each question, press the next button to get your answer.
3. You must write down the name of the song no matter how silly it sounds!
4. Put any comments in brackets after the song name.
* If someone says, “Is this okay?” You say?
History — Tenacious D
* How would you describe yourself?
Death On Two Legs (Dedicated To…) — Queen
* What do you like in a guy/girl?
Playing To Win — Wayne Krawchuk
* How do you feel today?
Billy Brown — Mika
* What is your life’s purpose?
A Sentimental Man — Wicked
* What is your motto?
Flying Home (Scat Version) — Ella Fitzgerald
* What do your friends think of you?
Sheena Is A Punk Rocker — The Ramones
* What do you think of your parents?
Heaven’s Light Hell’s Fire — Hunchback of Notre Dame
[god, yes, totally.]
* What do you think about very often?
My Heart Will Go On — Celine Dion
* What is 2 + 2?
So She Dances — Josh Groban
[would rather dance than do math.]
* What do you think of your best friend?
Off By Heart — City And Colour
* What do you think of the person you like?
I Will Always Return — Bryan Adams
[I still feel your breath on my skin, I hear your voice deep within; the sound of my lover, a feeling so strong… oh, it’s to you I’ll always belong.]
* What is your life story?
Sally Ann — Natalie Merchant
[a woman of beauty, a woman of pain…]
* What do you want to be when you grow up?
How Long Must This Go On? — Beauty and the Beast
* What do you think of when you see the person you like?
Canon In D — Pachelbel
[because together we’re like an amazing harmony, blending and soaring together.]
* What will you dance to at your wedding?
The Loser In The End — Queen
* What will they play at your funeral?
One Small Kindness — Wayne Krawchuk
* What is your hobby/interest?
Nothing I’ve Ever Known — Bryan Adams
* What is your biggest fear?
In The Water I Am Beautiful — City And Colour
*What is your biggest secret?
Don’t Stop Believing — Journey
* What do you think of your friends?
On The Road Again — Canned Heat
* What will you post this as?
Sam Malone — City And Colour
So, it’s happening. By this time tomorrow, my gentleman friend will be at Wilfrid Laurier University, in Waterloo.
I… words can’t even describe how much this hurts. How much I am going to miss him. I know it’s silly; he’s coming home on Saturday and we’ll see each other, and he’s promised to text me and write. But… still, I feel like I’m losing half of myself. I keep crying randomly, and I don’t *want* to because I know it’s so stupid and illogical. He’ll be home soon, and I’ll see him, and I’ll keep talking to him online, but I miss him, and it’s so fucking hard to let go of him now.
On the 12th of September, it’ll be nine months. By Christmas, it will be one full year. I’ve never been this close to that goal. Before him, my longest relationship was 5 and a half months, and it really ended two months prior to that, we just dragged it on unnecessarily. But, with him… the novelty hasn’t worn off. Every other boy I’ve met has some inherent flaw, preventing me from wanting to be with them. With him, that’s not true. With him, he seems to *have* no flaws. It’s amazing, perfect, too good to be true.
But it is true. And he does love me. For almost nine months he’s loved me, and I can’t see it stopping now, not when we’re closer than ever before, not after everything we’ve been through.
I love him devotedly, and I know he feels the same. Everything is going to be okay.
Please, I just need to believe it today…
Erased his lies. Thank you, love.